AN UNDERGROUND MESSAGE
The June issue of Good News evangelistic newspaper leads with the story of a grandad who spent three days buried in a coffin, four feet underground.
It wasn’t a death wish. Quite the contrary. While in his coffin, John Edwards was chatting online, counselling hurting people who felt suicidal. It was his way of publicising the problem of teen suicides and offering the best solution – the hope that comes from knowing God’s love.
Also in this issue…
- UP FOR ELECTION – Why one candidate is standing for Parliament and standing up for faith
- WIMBLEDON WOES – Tennis star Mary Pierce tells how winning wasn’t enough – she needed more, and found it in Jesus
- THE VOICE OF GOD – Russell Watson, nicknamed ‘The Voice’, takes on the role of the ultimate voice in a new musical
- STORMING THE CHARTS – Top UK rapper Stormzy mixes God with grime
- CROSS MAN – Why a former drug addict carries a wooden cross around Kent
- NOT DUNAWAY WITH ACTING – Movie legend Faye Dunaway returns to movies in the true story of how an atheist became a Christian
- SUCHET PACKS OUT ST PAUL’S – 2,300 people queue to hear Poirot actor David Suchet read from the Bible
- BUBLÉ GIVES THANKS – Michael Bublé thanks God for his three-year-old’s recovery from cancer
- BRAVE BART – The inspiring story of how a severely disabled boy grew up to defy doctors’ predictions
- AMAZING DNA – Why the mind-boggling complexities of DNA rule out the origin of life by chance
- MY STORY – How a Londoner’s life was transformed by the compassion of a mission worker
- CHOO-CHOOSE THE RIGHT WAY! Train enthusiast uses his model railway to encourage people to get their life on track
… Plus all our regular features and a new series called To Coin A Phrase, which explains where some everyday English sayings come from.
To see inside and read the entire June issue, click here