NEW ISSUE OUT NOW!
summer 'coronavirus' issue now available
The emergency restrictions imposed on our nation as a result of the Covid-19 virus caused us to pause publishing Good News newspaper – but now we are back with a special ‘coronavirus’ issue to cover the whole summer (see below for contents).
This undated ‘Summer’ issue has been available to read on our website for some time, but we are pleased to say that it has now been printed and is available for you to begin to use in whatever way possible, within government guidelines.
1. If you receive Good News on annual subscription, you will receive the summer edition automatically.
2. For everyone else, we are aware churches are still closed and many are unable to distribute the paper at this time, so we will not send this issue automatically to you UNLESS AND UNTIL you specifically make an order. If your premises are closed, let us know if you want your papers to go to an alternative address.
3. If you asked us to cancel your papers and you now wish to restart, please re-order through Mandy Halloway or our website, stating the quantity and month you need them.
We are pleased to say that such is the demand for this summer issue in prisons right now that we are sending double the normal amount free to prisoners.
As the government eases restrictions over the next few months, new opportunities to distribute the paper will appear, so do get in touch if you would like this summer issue. The need and opportunities in our nation have never been greater as people are faced with serious illness and death all around them, and are asking the deep questions of life. The fields are ripe for the harvest and we believe we should take every opportunity to share our faith, whilst clearly keeping to the government rules. We are holding stock for several months so there is plenty of time to order.
We are grateful to God that our commercial partners in producing the paper are maintaining their businesses. Please pray for their management and those printing and packing the papers as they see and have the opportunity to read each edition of the paper. These are Yorkshire Web (printer in Barnsley), Parcelhub (mailing house in Nottingham), Yodel (nationwide bulk deliveries) and Royal Mail (nationwide postal deliveries).
When will we get back to a normal monthly publication? When the restrictions are lifted sufficiently to allow personal and church outreach to return to normal. Our website and social media will carry any updates, so look if you can. We will also let all our customers know by newsletter – so do let us know if you’d like to sign up for the newsletter, either by email or by post.
Please pray that we all would find ways of sharing the Gospel at this time. God isn’t on lockdown or restricted. But be wise, be very considerate of others and keep within the guidelines for the safety of others, yourself and as a good testimony.
SUMMER ISSUE - contents
The Good News Summer issue shares a message of peace and hope in this coronavirus 'storm'.
- PEACE IN THE STORM – As fear of the pandemic hits the world, the front page explains how we can have a ‘peace that transcends all understanding’
- HOPE AND A FUTURE – The Editor reminds us that if we know God there is always hope and the promise of a new tomorrow
- THE MIRACLE OF DUNKIRK – As many turn to prayer again in the face of covid-19, Good News tells how the national call to prayer in May 1940 was answered with a miracle on the beaches of Dunkirk
- RETURN OF THE CHAMP – The faith behind world champion Tyson Fury’s remarkable boxing come-back
- INSPIRED ACTING – The actress who played the lead role in acclaimed movie Harriet shares her character’s trust in Jesus
- DERBY DAM DELIVERANCE – Villagers of Whaley Bridge believe prayer stopped last summer’s dam disaster
- SAVED FROM DRUGS HELL – The suicidal drug addict who found a new life after his mum took him to church
- MUSIC LEGEND JOIN’S HEAVEN’S CHOIR – The faith of the founder of Ladysmith Black Mambazo, who passed away in February
- BRILLIANT SURGEON’S PROOF OF GOD – Hand surgeon Dr Paul Brand believed the human body was evidence of the hand of God
- SCIENCE SAYS WORLD WAS ONCE A GLOBAL OCEAN – How the latest science is catching up with the Bible’s statement that after the earth was created, waters covered the Earth (Genesis 1:1-2)
… Plus all your favourite regular features such as our challenging sudoku, Good Gardening, Film Focus, fun crossword and tasty recipe.
Click here to see inside this special issue.
TRAINING TO MAKE
An outreach training initiative called Casting Your Nets is available to churches across the country.
Casting Your Nets is a training programme that makes evangelism easy for everyone. The
brainchild of Outreach UK Director Trevor Dickerson, it is a partnership between Outreach UK,
Good News evangelistic newspaper and gospel booklet publisher Pocket Testament League.
Trevor says: "Casting Your Nets is an evangelism training course that makes outreach simple for all church members. Evangelism has too often been the ministry of a few enthusiasts rather than every individual Christian. Casting Your Nets shows how this can change. The practical training we offer equips every church member to share their own faith in Jesus Christ. But we not only equip Christians with the know-how of outreach, but also show them how to use some of the most effective materials."
Those materials are Good News itself and the gospel booklet 'Love is the Bridge', published by the Pocket Testament League, which contains the gospel of John (NIV) and a simple explanation of how Jesus bridges the gulf between us and God. Good News is an excellent give-away for starting conversations and Love is the Bridge makes a great follow-up for people who show an interest.
Casting Your Nets equips and resources ordinary Christians to meet Jesus' call to 'cast your net' on the right side of the boat - where the fish are.
For more information on how your church can benefit from Casting Your Nets, contact Trevor on 0300 1231990 or see www.castingyournets.org